5.02.2006

all of me

I read everything you write to me. Every word. And I think I am starting to see my way through this. I am still putting words to it, though, so I won't say anything yet.

You should know that I hate doing things halfway. I want the time to pay full attention to you, to be here at the exact moment when you need to talk to me. You know what I mean by that. I know that ache. You have no idea.

But, you should also know that I am getting on another plane (hmmm...), and will be gone for about a week. I will be checking email, but will have almost no time to respond. So don't be sad.

You see the problem: What is it going to take to cut into my life, peel away the fluttering busyness, and get my attention? This is not just what you might be wondering, it is at the heart of what I am wondering, too.

One thing is certain: When I do talk to you, you will have all of me in that moment.

No comments: